Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Conversations

Kylie is at an age where she can have a full-blown conversation, and I love it. When we got in the car tonight the first thing she said was "So tell me what did you do at work today?" I said "A lot of work!" and she said "Oh. What kinds of work?" so I told her everything I did (which included wearing a viking hat, giant sunglasses and pink gloves, dancing on camera, and doing a pyramid which Heather fell off of. I know, all in a day's work!) and when I finished she said "Oh yes, that is a lot of good stuff you did!" then she proceeded to tell me everything she did. It was so cute! When we got home I fixed dinner and after dinner she wanted to make me a bracelet out of construction paper. In the process, she knocked her milk off the table and spilled it all over herself and the floor. She began apologizing profusely (I assume afraid of getting in trouble) and I had a parenthood moment that I was very proud of (in contrast to my last post) and I told her it's okay, we just need to be careful with where we put our drinks. She knelt down next to me and said "Mommy, I'm SO sorry, I can't believe I spilled it" I gave her a hug and a kiss and she said "Mommy, I will always love you!" and it was the sweetest thing she could ever say, and it completely made my day. These are the moments in parenthood that you treasure and make it all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment