Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Changes

Well, it's been an exciting couple of days! My boss (and best friend) Heather put in her notice today, she got a new job. I am super happy for her because I think it's a good change for her. I think she was getting burnt out at CMN. Along with that, I am now in contention for her job. I have been the Asst. Executive Director for almost 4 years now and feel like I'm ready to take over. I just have to convince our boss that I'm the right person for the job, that's what I'm facing right now. I'm gathering all my supplies, achievements, goals, plans, resume, letters of recommendation, etc. to take with me on my interview (whenever that may happen). I'm nervous for a lot of reasons; I really want to get this job, plus it's a lot of responsibility, plus it's taking on a lot more work because we recently had another employee leave that we can't replace, so it's part of her job, part of my job (all of my job until we hire someone else!), and all of Heather's job. I know I have a lot of good ideas and changes to make and I really hope I get the chance to implement them! I was so stressed out I ran for 30 minutes straight tonight, and I haven't done that since my last 5K! I know everything will work out how it's supposed to, I just want it to happen right now! :)
I'm still out of WW points for the week, but I've done a much better job each day of staying within my daily points, so I feel confident I will lose weight this week.
We had tacos for dinner tonight, and Kylie ate 2 whole tacos! I couldn't believe it, she never eats that much! Claire didn't have tacos, I thought the meat might be too spicy for her, but she still ate a good dinner and "hammed it up" the whole time she was eating. They are always doing something funny, it's so hard to remember all of it, even each night! Kylie has stayed in her bed so far tonight, so hopefully that lasts all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment