Monday, October 7, 2013

Girl Named 17 Weeks

I'm a few days late on this update, we've been busy! My husband was out of town all week at a conference, and as I mentioned last time, I re-broke my foot (the first time it was fractured but still together, this time it is broken through, but non-displaced). Went to the dr last Tuesday and he put me in a (very high fashion) bigger boot up to my knee (he wanted to put me in a cast, but I cried and talked him out of it), and crutches. I have to go back in a week and see how it's healing to determine if I need a cast or not. Taking care of the girls by myself all week, on crutches, has been a huge challenge! By the time Pete got home, I was exhausted! Anyone that knows me, knows I'm not a complainer. If something hurts, I suck it up and deal with it, and if I complain you know it's really bad! I have tried my best to not complain to Pete, because he's doing such an awesome job at taking care of me, but it really hurts (like all night long) and after almost 4 weeks of being in a boot already, with 5 to go, I'm tired of it! I just want to be able to walk and do things at a normal speed. There, my complaining rant is over. :)

We had a quiet weekend, Kylie had her first soccer game, and I met some friends for dinner Saturday night. Sunday I sat around all day while Pete did everything (which sounds awesome, but at this point I kind of just want to go back to being able to do everything! I feel really guilty asking him for so much help, when I feel like I should be doing it. It's hard to ask for help from people!). As for the pregnancy...

The Belly: It's actually starting to look pregnant! Claire's teacher mentioned yesterday that I'm finally starting to look pregnant. Maybe being pregnant AND on crutches will get me extra sympathy? ;)

Food: I really don't have any aversions or cravings right now. Absolutely no food sounds good, and I can't pick something to eat for the life of me. But I'm hungry, and when I eat it's always good. 

Baby: The size of an onion! Heartbeat was 156 at my appointment Friday. I haven't felt much movement yet, but she was definitely moving on the ultrasound!

Feeling: I'm feeling great, some days I even forget I'm pregnant! (I'm going to enjoy that while it lasts!) I'm tired, but that's to be expected, especially hobbling around on crutches everywhere.

Activity: Ha! I don't think I even need to answer this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment