Sunday, April 1, 2012

Girl Named Not Ready For Monday

Well this was a very fun and eventful weekend! 

I started Saturday morning off with the Pitter Pat 5K, it was a great course but I only ran it in 40:12. I was a little disappointed because my goal was under 40, and I had to walk 3 times because of these pesky side cramps. My next race isn't until April 28th in Rogers, AR, and I just downloaded a new training program, so I'm really hoping to run a lot faster in that one. After the race I came home and showered, then got my hair done (and it looks fabulous, thank you Shannon!). Then we took the girls to Rutledge Wilson farm for their Easter celebration and had pictures with the Easter bunny, saw the animals, went on a hayride, it was a lot of fun! 

Then last night Heather and I went to eat at Ophelias (we've made a commitment to go once a month to eat someplace we've never eaten, an "adventure"!) then went to Big Whiskeys and sat on the patio and talked. It was so much fun! 
   Today I was woken up with a phone call that my grandma was in the emergency room, with heart problems (she's had issues before and is on medication). I anxiously awaited news from my mom, to see if they were going to admit her and if I needed to go to Monett or not. They ended up increasing her medication and sending her home, so hopefully that will help her and she won't give us any more scares. So then we went to Walmart and to Mexican Villa (of course). Then came home, Claire took a 3 hour nap so I got in some good cleaning time (while Pete was playing golf). We grilled for dinner, and after that is where our night got interesting...right after dinner we went in to start baths. Claire was in her diaper and she sat down on her potty. So I took her diaper off and put her back on it. About that time, Kylie came in crying and holding her mouth. We were asking her what was wrong (thinking she bit her tongue or something) and she proceeded to throw up ALL over the bathroom. So she's crying, Claire is crying, Pete gets Kylie in the bathtub as I try to clean everything up. Claire gets up off the potty and slips in the puke (disgusting) and falls, so she cries even more (I might add that I also threw up while trying to clean everything up, I can't stand puke!) I get everything cleaned up and get Claire in the tub, and notice that she peed in the potty for the first time! Well, 10 minutes later is too late to praise her and get excited, so we missed out on that first. We asked her if she peed in the potty and she said "ya", so we acted excited and gave her a piece of candy, etc. but I don't think it had the same effect as if it were immediately afterward. Now I'm afraid she'll think every time she uses the potty, Kylie will throw up! Oh well, at least maybe she's ready to start potty training!
   I can't believe it's already Sunday night, our weekend went by so fast, as always. So back to work tomorrow (at least for a half-day, we are keeping Kylie at home so I'm going in a half-day then working a half-day at home). Next weekend is our 5 year anniversary, so I'm sure it will be fun too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment