Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Girl Named Excited

     Apparently once a month is all I'm writing! Oops! I've been busy, blah blah blah. I'm approaching the 3 month mark at my new job, and I still love it! Andrew made a decision on our office situation, and signed a lease tonight! For the next year and a half we will be in an office building at 777 E Battlefield (across from Buffalo Wild Wings). Heather (Cotter) and I met Andrew to look at the offices yesterday, and they are special. They were built in 1987 and from what I can see haven't been updated since! But it's space, and it will work. I am still sharing an office with Andrew, and I think he's getting sick of me being in there! I am so excited - Heather (Cotter, I don't want you to get confused with Zoromski!) and I picked out my office furniture (working at a furniture store has it's perks!) and it's going to be awesome! Our offices are right next to each other, so we'll get to see each other and yell around the corner (reminiscent of my time at CMN!). We are hopefully moving in in the next 30 days, and I will have my OWN space! Then after a year and a half, we will begin building our new warehouse on MM and James River, with custom offices attached (I'm hoping for a much bigger office and a window at that point!). I'm learning things every day, and every day I'm there I feel more at ease and more like I know what I'm doing. I have a long way to go, but I'm getting there! I'm even taking a Photoshop class, and tomorrow is my second class, so that is exciting too. Andrew even has a lake house with 6 bedrooms, boat, 4-wheeler and 3D movie theater that he lets us use in the summer when we want to, so I can't wait to go there in July! I am just so blessed and so thankful that God gave me this opportunity, and it truly makes me realize how an employee can and should be treated. I couldn't be happier right now! Plus, I have all the furniture picked out that I want in the basement, and dining room, so as soon as my discount kicks in in 2 weeks, I'll be set!
     The girls are getting so big - I can't believe they will be 4 and 2 in June! 

 There they are before we went to Branson last weekend, so cute! (Kylie kind of looks like a pirate in this picture) Now we are trying to make a decision about to have or not to have a 3rd kid... the first two were a no-brainer, but the 3rd is a bit of a decision! Time will tell...
     I've gotten back into running, Pete and I ran a 5K 2 weeks ago (it was his first!) and I didn't do too well. I have one this weekend with Heather, and I know that I'm going to do much better. Heather and I are also doing one in Arkansas the end of April, and Pete and I are doing the All-Star 5K in Kansas City in July. My goal is to run the July race in under 35:00. I think I can do it! Pete has been running for 2 1/2 months now, and has lost 20 pounds and is running an 8 minute mile, and 4+ miles each run. I'm pretty sure I hate him :)
     That's about all I have going on right now, I think. Busy busy as always! I will try to write again before a month. :)
    

No comments:

Post a Comment