Sunday, April 29, 2012

Girl Named Exhausted

 Well we have had quite a busy weekend! Friday I drove down to Rogers, AR to have a few meetings for work, then met Heather Z. (we had a race there Saturday morning) for dinner at P.F. Changs (favorite place ever!) and did some awesome shopping at the Pinnacle Hills Promenade. We stayed at a hotel then got up bright and early for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure!
Me and Heather before the Komen race!

 This was the biggest race I've ever done, there were probably 10,000 people there! There were so many sponsors, and they all had tents giving away samples and cool stuff - I came home with 2 bags of swag! The actual 5K was no good - it was SO hilly, one hill was impossible (for me) to run up - I checked my elevation change afterwards and it was 121 feet! My final time was 42:28, which isn't my worst time, but it's also not my best. I had really hoped for under 40. I just know that one of these races I'm going to feel super-good and run it in 35:00! (36:00 is my fastest time, but I think that course was only around 2.9 miles long) I had to start taking Amoxicillin on Thursday, when I finally went to the dentist for my toothache and found out it's infected. The Amoxicillin gives me a few undesirable side effects, including dizziness, so the 5K did not go as planned and I am really proud of myself for just finishing it at all! After it was over, and we visited all the tents, I drove back and picked up the girls at my moms, came home, showered, then went to Heather C. and Andy's house for Avery's 4th birthday party! She had a "fiesta" party, and it was a lot of fun (but there were A LOT of kids there, and I think if there hadn't been margaritas there I might have went crazy!) 


Claire wearing a super-hero mask at Avery's party!


 We came home and ate dinner and the girls crashed. Today we got up and cleaned the house until lunch, ate Mexican Villa (of course), went to Walmart, came home and I ironed all the curtains for the basement (16 total, 4 windows with sheers!) and we got them hung up (our furniture should be here soon, and I can't wait for it to be finished!) and I organized both the girls closets, and did 7 loads of laundry. I just sat down for the first time at 7:30 pm, and I am exhausted! We accomplished a lot though, so it was a good weekend! Now, back to work tomorrow - I have a Director of Marketing from an Ashley store in Mississippi coming this week to shadow me, and learn how I do everything. It is very nice because my boss told her boss that I do such a good job, so he's sending her up here to learn from me! I've only been here 3 months, so I hope I can teach her something and not bore her!


Neutrogena Review

I'm a BzzAgent, and received my first kit yesterday! It is Neutrogena, and it included 3 different shades of Revitalizing Lip Balm, an Eye Brightener, and an eyeliner. I was so excited! You can read my review up top (it's part of the agreement of being a BzzAgent, to share my reviews and thoughts on the products I try). I've always been a fan of make-up, and Neutrogena, so it was perfect for me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment