Saturday, March 8, 2014

Girl Named 40 Weeks

I made it! 40 weeks! And no baby... I went to the dr yesterday and she scheduled me to be induced Tuesday night at 9pm. She then told me that is the last induction appointment for the week, and it's likely they will cancel and reschedule it. I was a little upset about it. Not because I have to wait until Tuesday, but because I didn't want to go in at night. I've experienced both ways - with Kylie I went in at 7pm (if your cervix is closed you have to go in at night to get Cervadil before they can induce) and I was awake all night, so by the time it was time to push at 2pm the next day, I was completely exhausted, and still didn't have her until 4:30. With Claire, I went in at 7am, and had her at 7pm, and was tired but it was SO much better after having a full nights sleep. So I was upset that I need Cervadil, and that I have to go in so late at night, and that it may be cancelled (I know, at this point I'm a big cranky whiner). I'm praying that she will just come on her own before then! I just had it in my head that because I was induced at 39 weeks with Claire, that I wouldn't go this long this time. 

I've had a cold for about a week, so with that added, I'm even more cranky and miserable. But, last night I slept better than I have in weeks (maybe months!) I slept 4 hours on one side (usually I have to flip every hour because my hips hurt) then got up to use the bathroom, then slept 4 hours on the other side! It was amazing, I feel like a new woman today! So now I'm just waiting to see if she'll come on her own, and if not, I'll go in (hopefully) Tuesday night! I can't believe she's almost here, it seemed like this day would never come. I've had everything ready at home for a few weeks now, so there's nothing left to do but wait. 

I will keep you updated and post pictures when she comes! Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers for a smooth delivery and healthy baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment