Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Girl Named Thankful

I really need to try and write more often! Life passes and I forget to record it as I should. I have been reflecting on life a lot lately, and I am so eternally grateful for everything I have in my life, and my life in general. I am so blessed to have my wonderful husband, and my two smart, beautiful, funny, caring daughters. I have awesome friends that are always there for me. I have a stable job that pays the bills. I honestly couldn't ask for anything more! It's nights like tonight, when it's cold and dark and rainy and I come home to my family and the house is warm, and dinner is cooking, and kids are running around laughing that I really realize how lucky I am. I look at my girls and get teary eyed from appreciation. I didn't jump on the "November post every day what your thankful for on Facebook" bandwagon, but I do feel with Thanksgiving approaching it's important to reflect on what you're thankful for, and teach your children to do the same. It's so easy to let day-to-day stresses get to you, and to focus on the stupid little things that don't matter, instead of focusing on the big picture and what is important in life. We have a choice every day - how we react to things, big or small. I have had several large events in my life lately that were very trying and I really got to know myself. I am happy to say I'm proud of the way I've reacted and treated people, I've tried to be as classy and professional as possible because that's the way I want people to perceive and remember me. I'm hoping reacting in a positive manner will get me farther in life than reacting (the way I wanted to!) badly. I feel that God is responsible for dealing with people and not me. If God is happy with the way I'm acting and conducting myself, that's all that matters. I hope to teach my children to be classy and always take the high road, however hard it may be. I'm thankful that my mom taught me that as well, and how to be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment