Thursday, January 12, 2012

Girl Named Nervous Nellie

Well, tomorrow is my last day at Children's Miracle Network. After 8 years, I've taken a new position as the Marketing Director for Ashley Furniture. I am so excited to start my new job doing something I love, but I am really sad to leave CMN. The circumstances surrounding my departure are less than favorable. They result from a decision made by one person, that has affected a lot of people's lives. I hope it gets better at CMN, but I can't stay to find out. I am SO nervous to start my new job though! I leave Sunday night for Memphis, and I'm staying for 3 weeks to train (I will come home on the weekends). It's much farther than I've ever traveled alone, and is way out of my comfort zone. I guess that's part of growing in life and becoming successful. I hope I'm good at the job and I hope I enjoy it, it's going to be a lot different. Not to mention Pete has to be Mr. Mom while I'm gone, and has a lot of responsibility to take on. For that, I will be forever in his debt and I love him more than he knows for being so supportive and so willing to help. I hope the next 3 weeks go smoothly and quickly for both of us, and we can return to normalcy soon!

I'm really going to miss my job at CMN, the families we work with, the sponsors I work with, and all the relationships I've built over the years. It's the end of an era, but I'm the last one to go. Everyone else has moved on and I have to as well. I have very fond memories that I will never forget. A lot of major life milestones happened while I worked there - got engaged, got married, had Kylie, had Claire. The people I worked with are some of my best friends, and I know we will continue to be friends. Actually saying goodbye to my office tomorrow is going to be hard.

I stayed home today because Claire had a fever and diarrhea, and I am going to go in in the morning to get the rest of my things but then come home because Claire is throwing up, so we can't take her to the sitters house. It's not how I wanted to leave, I feel like I need proper time to close things out, but now I don't have a choice - I have limited time left. I wish that Claire wasn't sick at this moment, but I can't change that. I also feel bad leaving Kristen there in the situation, but I think she'll be fine. 

I am just very stressed and nervous and emotional right now, but I know that once I get started at the new job I will never look back. I will always support CMN and it's mission, and believe in the good that is done in the community. I just can't support current leadership and the decisions they are making. My new boss is wonderful, and I know we are going to get along very well, and I will be appreciated. I can't wait to fast forward 6 months when I've learned the job and am settled in and my life can finally calm down a little bit.

Thank you to all my wonderful friends (you know who you are!) for supporting me through everything the past few months, and I will pay you back one day! Ultimately, I am very blessed to have had the job I've had for 8 years, and have found another good job to go to. I'm blessed to have my friends and family, and our health. I couldn't be happier or more excited about our future!  

No comments:

Post a Comment